Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
From my Betty Crocker One-Dish Main Meals cookbook. If you don't have linguine on hand, spaghetti works just as well.
- 6 ounces uncooked linguine, broken into 3-inch pieces
- 1 lb beef top round steak
- 1 teaspoon cornstarch
- 3⁄4 cup cold water
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon packed brown sugar
- 2 teaspoons white vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sesame oil
- 1⁄4 teaspoon pepper
- 1 tablespoon vegetable oil
- 2 cups broccoli florets, and stems cut into bite-size pieces
- 1 cup sliced mushrooms
- 1 red bell peppers or 1 yellow bell pepper, cut into bite-size strips
- 1⁄4 cup sliced green onion (2 to 3 medium)
- Cook linguine as directed on package; drain. Meanwhile trim fat from beef steak. Cut beef with grain into 2-inch strips; cut strips across grain into 1/8-inch slices. (For ease in cutting, partially freeze beef about 1 1/2 hours.) Toss beef and 1 teaspoon cornstarch. Mix water, soy sauce, 1 tablespoon cornstarch, the brown sugar, vinegar, sesame oil and pepper.
- Heat wok or 12-inch skillet until very hot, Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to wok; rotate wok to coat side. Add beef and gingerroot; stir-fry about 3 minutes or until beef is brown. Remove beef mixture from wok.
- Add 1 tablespoon vegetable oil to wok; rotate wok to coat side. Addd broccoli, mushrooms, bell pepper, and onions; stir-fry about 4 minutes or until vegetables are crisp-tender. Stir in soy sauce mixture. Cook and stir about 1 minute or until thickened. Stir in beef mixture and linguine. Heat through. 4 servings.