Recipe by Steph_40135
I have had this recipe forever, it seems. I may try new recipes, but this is THE ONE recipe I always make! We pick wild blueberries every August, so our freezer has an abundance of BBs all year - perfect!
Top Review by kchristicarter
This is a recipe without butter or milk. My daughter is allergic. It is also very tasty. She and I made these together and enjoyed eating them. I will also try it with apple juice or a berry juice. The orange is not overpowering, but it definitely comes through.
- 1⁄2 cup rolled oats
- 1⁄2 cup orange juice (can substitute apple)
- 1 1⁄2 cups all-purpose flour
- 1⁄2 cup white sugar
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons baking powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon baking soda
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- 1 egg, slightly beaten
- 1 cup fresh/frozen blueberries, thawed (I don't thaw the BBs, I just toss them with the flour mixture before adding the wet ingredients)
- 2 tablespoons white sugar
- 1⁄4 teaspoon cinnamon
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 400°F.
- Line muffin cups with paper cups or grease (12 regular muffins); (I make 6 regular-size muffins, then make a dozen small muffins for my young children).
- In a large bowl, combine oats and orange juice; stir well.
- Combine flour, 1/2 cup sugar, baking powder, baking soda and salt, oil& egg; mix well with oats and OJ.
- Stir in Blueberries.
- Fill cups 2/3 full.
- Blend 2 TBSP sugar and cinnamon; sprinkle on muffins.
- Bake at 400F for 18-22 minutes or till golden brown.
- Easily frozen.
- I imagine you could use other berries, as well.