Prep 10 mins
Cook 20 mins
Posting for safe keeping. Just saw this on my local news station. A recipe by Mr. Food.
- 1⁄2 cup water
- 5 medium carrots, peeled and cut into 1/4-inch slices
- 2 medium zucchini, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 medium yellow squash, cut into 1/2-inch chunks
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 tablespoon chopped fresh dill weed
- 1⁄2 teaspoon onion powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- In a large skillet, bring the water to a boil over medium-high heat.
- Add the carrots, cover, and cook for 3 to 4 minutes.
- Add the zucchini and yellow squash; cook, uncovered, for 5 minutes, or until the water evaporates.
- Reduce the heat to low and add the remaining ingredients; stir until well combined.
- Cook for 5 to 8 minutes, or until the vegetables are tender.
Made this last night. Fast & easy and incredible flavor! I used a light sprinkling of dried dill (had no fresh on hand), and just realized that I forgot to add the butter, but we didn't even miss it. This is a keeper. DH loved it, too. Thanks!
This is a great way to season/sauce your vegetables. I love it. Restaurant quality.