Prep 10 mins
Cook 40 mins
Yummy, lemony rice. This is a great base for spicy dishes.
- 2 cups jasmine rice, rinsed until the water runs almost clear (2-3 times)
- 2 1⁄2 cups stock or 2 1⁄2 cups water
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 (14 ounce) can coconut milk
- 1 lemon, juice and zest of
- In a pot with a tight-fitting lid (or rice cooker) combine all ingredients.
- Bring to a boil over medium-high heat, cooking uncovered; stir occasionally.
- When rice boils, cover pot and reduce heat to low.
- Cook for 15 minutes.
- Remove from heat and let sit with lid on for 10 minutes.
Great rice! Love the flavors and the Jasmine rice is so "creamy" with the coconut milk. My only regret is I only made half the recipe! :) This will be made again! Cooking directions were perfect!
A good rice with nice flavour, I love lemon and enjoy coconut milk, so this was a great one for me. Cooked exactly as directed on the stove, I did find the rice was a bit 'stodgy', probably due to the coconut milk. I like it like this, but DH was not so keen, he prefers his rice more fluffy. Served with a chicken curry, this was a good meal! Made for Unrated Asian recipes, July/August 09