Perfect Steamed Rice Every Time
photo by SusieQusie
- Ready In:
- 2 cups long-grain rice (NOTE -- one cup of rice will make 2 1/2 cups of steamed rice)
- water, to cover (see below)
- WASH THE RICE: Rinse under running water, rubbing the grains together between the palms of your hands; continue this rinsing until the water runs fairly clear. THIS WILL TAKE A COUPLE MINUTES; DON'T RUSH THIS MOST IMPORTANT STEP!
- Place rice in a covered sauce pan; add water to 1/2-inch above the rice; put on high heat. Stay in the area -- don't fall asleep -- PAY ATTENTION!
- As soon as it boils rapidly, reduce heat to medium/low and keep simmering for 10 minutes. DO NOT PEEK. DO NOT OPEN THE LID.
- Remove pot from burner but STILL DO NOT OPEN THE LID; let the rice rest undisturbed for five minutes.
- Fluff the rice with a pair of chopsticks before serving.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
see 21 more reviews