Recipe by NcMysteryShopper
A quick, heathy and simple chicken recipe from Kangaroo Island, Australia. WINE Marry these tart and sweet flavors with the crisp, fruity 1998 Coriole Sémillon-Sauvignon Blanc from Australia or the 1998 Cloudy Bay Marlborough Sauvignon Blanc from New Zealand.
Top Review by desmacmusic
The asparagus was good (although I used just over a tablespoon of butter and substitued home made chicken broth for water) but the chicken not so much. I love lime but this just didn't do it for me or my husband or kids.
- 2 limes, sliced paper thin, plus
- 2 tablespoons fresh lime juice
- 4 boneless skinless chicken breast halves
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- 4 tablespoons unsalted butter
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- 2 teaspoons light brown sugar
- 1 lb medium asparagus, cut into 3-inch lengths
- 1⁄4 cup water
Directions See How It's Made
- Line a large steamer basket with the lime slices. Add the chicken breasts in a single layer and season with salt and pepper. Steam the chicken until white throughout, about 15 minutes.
- Meanwhile, in a large skillet, melt the butter. Add the balsamic vinegar and sugar and stir until the sugar is dissolved. Add the asparagus and water and cook over moderately high heat, stirring, until crisp-tender, about 5 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Transfer the asparagus to plates. Spoon the sauce over the top. Thickly slice the chicken breasts crosswise, arrange on the asparagus and serve.