Recipe by Mrs. Hughes
This recipe comes from the Pam Pam Restaurant in San Francisco. It was in a local recipe pamphlet.
Top Review by MamaSooz
I was a flight attendant in the '70's and 80's and fondly remember going to Pam Pam's when I had a San Francisco layover. Thanks so much for sharing this wonderful recipe. After all these years, I still love it! It's rich and hearty, so if you're dieting, save this recipe for a special occasion.
- 1 lb round steak, finely chopped
- 1 onion, pureed
- 1 large carrot, pureed
- 3 stalks celery, pureed
- 1⁄2 lb butter
- 1 cup flour
- 3 1⁄2 cups tomatoes, diced or
- 2 cans stewed tomatoes, unseasoned
- 3 quarts beef stock
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 pinch pepper
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons Accent seasoning
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 1 1⁄2 cups half-and-half
Directions See How It's Made
- Braise the meat and onion in a large pot.
- Add all vegetables except tomatoes, butter, and flour.
- Mix well and cook for 1 minutes.
- Add tomatoes, beef stock, and all spices.
- Simmer for about 1 hour, stirring frequently.
- Add cream the last 5 minutes before removing from heat.
- If mixture is too thick, add more beef stock and adjust seasonings.
- This soup freezes well too.