Recipe by Jen Hill
Spicy fajitas mellowed down with a nice mango salsa. Start the marinade and the salsa ahead of time and store for up to 3 days for a quick, easy meal.
For the Marinade
- 1⁄4 cup vegetable oil
- 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice (use lime juice if you like more kick)
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 teaspoon cumin powder
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 teaspoon chili powder
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground coriander
- 1⁄4 teaspoon powdered ginger (optional)
- 1 1⁄2 lbs thinly sliced flank steaks
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 2 bell peppers, thinly sliced
- 1 large onion, thinly sliced
- 8 flour tortillas, warmed
For the Salsa
- 1 mango, roughly cubed
- 3 medium tomatoes, diced
- 1⁄4 cup green onion, thinly sliced
- 1 small jalapeno pepper, finely diced
- 2 tablespoons orange juice
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped fine
Directions See How It's Made
- Prepare the marinade, add sliced steak and toss to coat.
- Refrigerate in an airtight container for up to 24 hours, tossing occasionally.
- For the salsa, mix all ingredients in a small bowl and set aside (Mixture may be covered and refrigerated up to 3 days).
- Remove steak from marinade and blot dry, then discard remaining marinade.
- In a skillet, warm the oil over medium heat.
- Add steak and onions, cooking until steak is well browned.
- Add bell peppers and continue to cook another 2 minutes.
- Spoon a small amount of the steak fajita mixture into the center of each tortilla and top with a spoonful or two of mango salsa.
- Serve immediately.