Recipe by diner524
Found this recipe in TOH Magazine, submitted by Lorri Cleveland, and am posting here to clear up space in my cookbook shelves. We grill year round here in FL so I am always on the lookout for new recipes to grill. I marinade the steak and veggies, but put veggies on separate skewers from the steak, so I can cook them to the correct doneness. Use your favorite vegetables of choice.
- 1⁄4 cup packed brown sugar
- 1⁄4 cup lemon juice
- 1⁄4 cup canola oil
- 1⁄4 cup soy sauce
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 dash dried basil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- 2 1⁄2 lbs top sirloin steaks, cut into 1-1/4 inch pieces
- 24 cherry tomatoes
- 24 large fresh mushrooms
- 1 large green pepper, cut into 1-1/2-inch cubes (or sweet red pepper)
- 2 small zucchini, cut into 1-inch slices
- 1 medium onion, cut into wedges
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine first seven ingredients; set aside. On metal or soaked wooden skewers, alternately thread meat and vegetables.
- Place in a large glass dish. Pour marinade over kabobs; cover and refrigerate for 6 hours or overnight, turning several times. Discard cloves.
- Grill over medium-hot heat until the meat reaches desired doneness and vegetables are tender.