Prep 36 hrs
Cook 20 mins
Cover the floor with newspaper to catch the family drool when they smell this on the grill!
- 6 chicken breasts, boneless
- 473.18 ml pineapple juice
- 29.58 ml Worcestershire sauce
- 2 fluid ounce low sodium soy sauce
- 29.58 ml sugar
- In a bowl combine all ingredients except chicken.
- Using a fork, poke about 5-8 sets of holes in each chicken breast.
- Put chicken in marinade, making sure it is covered in the mixture.
- Add more pineapple juice if necessary.
- Cover and refrigerate for 24-36 hours.
Excellent flavour and very simple to put together. I had sprayed the grill well with no stick spray but it still stuck a bit.Probably all this hot humid weather has some effect on grilling. I probably could have cooked them on the pavement in 2 minutes-just kidding folks. Will be making this again soon.
I ordered this dish @ SteaknAle every visit.....until they closed their location in my neighborhood. The recipe from Food.com is an exact copycat and truly excellent! I make it often & if you are a fan of pineapple.....there is nothing better than fresh pineapple on the grill. Serve with a rice pilaf and you'll be craving MORE.
This was exactly what I was looking for! I used to order this every time we went to the Steak & Ale and have missed it since they closed. The only change I made was to use orange pineapple juice since it was what I had on hand. The leftovers make a fabulous chicken club BLT or as a salad topping with some madarin oranges and Asian dressing.