Prep 25 mins
Cook 2 hrs
From Junior League of Cedar Rapids. Haven't tried it but seems like it will be yummy.
- 1 lb round steak, cut in 1 inch cubes cubes
- 2 tablespoons butter
- 1 large onion, sliced
- 1 tomatoes, cut in chunks
- 1⁄2 a green pepper, chopped
- 1⁄4 teaspoon dry mustard
- 1 1⁄4 teaspoons paprika
- 1 tablespoon Worcestershire sauce
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 6 tablespoons ketchup
- 2 cups water
- Brown meat in butter and add onion and brown.
- Add remaining ingredients and simmer till meat is tender about 2 hours.
- If necessary thicken liquid with a bit of cornstarch mixed with water.
- Serve over hot buttered noodles or rice.