Recipe by carolinafan
Great dessert for a patriotic themed party or cookout. From Taste of Home.
Top Review by MrsK
OK, I changed a few things, but don't believe the result was too far from the "real thing"! Used Vanilla Flavored White Baking Chips instead of white chocolate and graham cracker shell--and no orange. Didn't get to decorate it, 'cause it looked SO good my husband and I had to eat! Filling was really creamy. I'll add some heavy cream to the dark chocolate next time, so it won't harden so much.
- 1⁄2 cup semisweet chocolate morsel
- 1 (9 inch) pastry shells, baked
- 1 1⁄2 cups white chocolate chips, divided
- 2 tablespoons milk
- 1 (3 ounce) package cream cheese, softened
- 1⁄3 cup confectioners' sugar
- 1 teaspoon orange zest
- 1 cup heavy whipping cream, whipped
- 1 quart fresh strawberries, halved
- 1⁄2 pint fresh blueberries
- 1⁄2 teaspoon shortening
Directions See How It's Made
- Place chocolate morsels in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on high for 20 seconds. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, until smooth when stirred.
- Spread melted chocolate evenly in bottom of pastry shell; set aside.
- Place 1 cup white morsels and milk in a small microwave-safe bowl. Microwave on medium-high for 1 minute. Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, until smooth when stirred.
- Cool 5 minutes.
- Beat cream cheese and sugar in a mixing bowl until smooth.
- Beat in orange peel and melted white morsels. Fold in whipped cream. Spread into crust.
- Arrange strawberry halves and blueberries on top of pie.
- Place shortening and remaining white morsels in a small, heavy duty plastic bag. Microwave on medium-high for 20 seconds; knead bag to mix.
- Microwave at additional 10-second intervals, kneading until smooth.
- Cut a very small hole in corner of bag; squeeze to drizzle over pie.
- Refrigerate for at least 1 hour. Store in refrigerator.