Prep 5 mins
Cook 25 mins
This has a wonderful tang. It is and eyeopener on toast. On chicken, fish or pork you get a meal in a moment. Great on rice, too.
- 2 cups cubed star fruit
- 1⁄4 cup sugar
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- 1 tablespoon finely chopped peeled gingerroot
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground cloves
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- Combine all ingredients in a medium saucepan and stir well.
- Bring to a simmer over medium high heat and cook 25 minutes
- Use your stick blender to make it smooth and simmer until thickened.
Thanks for posting! My husband liked this; served it with fish. I used dried stevia instead of sugar; added salt, roasted garlic, half a hot chili, and raisins. I have lots of carambola frozen, waiting for this recipe.