Recipe by Krista Roes
From Cooking Light November 2000 Serving size is 1 cup Cooking light stats: Calories 197, Fat 5.5, Protein 12.7 g, Carb 24 g, Sodium 623 mgs.
Top Review by margot_hanson_8672548
This casserole doesn't even taste like squash. I use half yellow squash and half zuccini. I also add 1 1/2 cups baked chicken. It is delicious! Real easy to make also.
- 1892.72 ml zucchini, sliced
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 473.18 ml cooked rice
- 236.59 ml fat free sour cream
- 236.59 ml shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 59.14 ml parmesan cheese, divided
- 59.14 ml Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 4.92 ml salt
- 1.23 ml black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350.
- Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven, bring to boil.
- Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- Drain, partially mash with a potato masher.
- Combine zucchini mixture, rice, sour cream, cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl; stir gently.
- Spoon into 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top.
- Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- Preheat broiler.
- Broil for 1 minute or until lightly browned.