1/2 Photos of Squash-Rice Casserole (Cooking Light)
Krista Roes's Note:
From Cooking Light November 2000 Serving size is 1 cup Cooking light stats: Calories 197, Fat 5.5, Protein 12.7 g, Carb 24 g, Sodium 623 mgs.
My Private Note
1 cup p ...
Units: US | Metric
- 8 cups zucchini, sliced
- 1 cup onion, chopped
- 1/2 cup reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth
- 2 cups cooked rice
- 1 cup fat free sour cream
- 1 cup shredded reduced-fat sharp cheddar cheese
- 1/4 cup parmesan cheese, divided
- 1/4 cup Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon black pepper
- 2 large eggs, lightly beaten
- cooking spray
- 1Preheat oven to 350.
- 2Combine first 3 ingredients in a Dutch oven, bring to boil.
- 3Cover, reduce heat and simmer 20 minutes or until tender.
- 4Drain, partially mash with a potato masher.
- 5Combine zucchini mixture, rice, sour cream, cheddar cheese, 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese, breadcrumbs, salt, pepper, and eggs in a bowl; stir gently.
- 6Spoon into 13x9 baking dish coated with cooking spray.
- 7Sprinkle 2 tablespoons Parmesan cheese on top.
- 8Bake for 30 minutes or until bubbly.
- 9Preheat broiler.
- 10Broil for 1 minute or until lightly browned.
Browse Our Top Vegetable Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Squash-Rice Casserole (Cooking Light)
Serving Size: 1 (256 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 8
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 188.9
- Calories from Fat 37
- Total Fat 4.2 g
- Saturated Fat 1.9 g
- Cholesterol 55.1 mg
- Sodium 542.4 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 26.9 g
- Dietary Fiber 1.9 g
- Sugars 6.6 g
- Protein 11.0 g
The following items or measurements are not included:
reduced-sodium fat-free chicken broth