Made This Recipe? Add Your Photo
Prep 15 mins
Cook 25 mins
Strawberry and rhubarb--great combination.
Make and share this Spring Muffins recipe from Food.com.
- In a large bowl, combine first 4 ingredients.
- In another bowl, beat egg, milk and oil until smooth.
- Stir into the dry ingredients just until moistened.
- Fold in strawberries and rhubarb.
- Fill greased or paper-lined muffin cups three-fourths full.
- Place a strawberry half, cut side down, on each.
- Sprinkle with sugar.
- Bake at 375 degrees for 22-25 minutes or until muffins test done.
- Cool for 5 minutes before removing from pan to a wire rack.
- Serve warm.
My mom gave me some rhubarb from her garden. These muffins turned out very well. I chopped the rhubarb into fairly small pieces instead of slicing. I greased my muffin pan real well and didn't have any sticking problems. The muffins were very filling and something different for breakfast. Thanks for the recipe.