A spinach salad topped with bright red onions and a decidedly different sauce! From Better Homes & Gardens magazine(Dec.2003).
- In a nonstick skillet cook the onions in hot butter for 5 to 8 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add the wine, syrup, sugar, and salt.
- Bring to boiling; reduce heat.
- Boil gently, uncovered, about 15 minutes or until most of the liquid has evaporated and liquid is syrupy.
- Meanwhile, place the spinach in a very large serving bowl.
- Spoon the onion mixture over spinach; toss to combine.
- Season with salt and pepper.
- Serve immediately.
- Makes 10 servings.
Very good and a nice-change-of-pace from the usual spinach salad. I also used the geradine option and my spinach was mixed with some raddicco. Thanks for sharing!
Sorry It took me so long to get the review in. I really thought I had written iy when I posted the picture. This is delish, simple recipe.I used the grenadine.Cut the recipe in 1/2 and ny Dh and I eat it all!