Prep 5 mins
Cook 15 mins
Really easy, simple. Great for a weeknight.
- 2 cups spinach
- 2 (14 1/2 ounce) cans chicken broth
- 3 cups cheese tortellini
- 1⁄4 tablespoon dried basil
- 1⁄4 cup chopped onion
- 2 garlic cloves
- salt and pepper
- In a large pot over high heat, combine the spinach and chicken broth. Heat to boiling, then reduce heat to low.
- Saute onion and garlic and add to broth. Let simmer 10-15 minutes.
- In a separate pot, cook tortellini till al dente. Cooking tortellini in broth will cause broth to get thick due to the starch and the tortellinis to get mushy.
- Season with basil, salt, and pepper.
- Add tortellini to broth at serve time and sprinkle parmesan cheese on top.