Prep 10 mins
Cook 10 mins
This dish is great for a pregnant woman and her developing baby. It's rich in protein and laced with vitamins A and C, folic acid, and magnesium.
- 2 eggs
- 3 tablespoons milk
- 1 cup spinach, roughly chopped
- half a large tomatoes or 1 plum tomato, diced
- 2 slices swiss cheese
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- salt, to taste
- pepper, to taste
- 2 slices whole wheat bread, toasted
- In a small mixing bowl, beat eggs with milk. Add spinach and tomatoes. Season with salt and pepper.
- Heat olive oil in a nonstick skillet over low to medium heat. Add eggs and swirl to coat bottom of the pan. Let eggs set, about 2 minutes.
- Place cheese slices on one side of omelet. Gently fold other half over the top of the cheese. Press slightly. Allow cheese to melt, about 1 minute. Remove from pan, serve with whole wheat toast, and enjoy!
- Makes 1 serving.
- Use as many of your favorite vegetables in this omelet as you like. You can also replace the Swiss cheese with another type of cheese that's safe during pregnancy, like cheddar or American. (The CDC recommends that pregnant woman avoid soft cheeses, even if they're pasteurized.).
I made the one omelette but it was so filling that I ended up sharing with the DM, with toast I could only get through half but thoroughly enjoyed what I had, thank you ElizabethKnicely made for Photo Tag tag game.