Recipe by College Girl
I found these in my roommates Better Homes and Gardens All-Time Favorite Casserole recipes, published in 1977. This is for a crowd.I love Hollandaise and spinach... mmmm.
- 3 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach
- 1⁄2 cup onion, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine
- 4 eggs, beaten
- 2 cups milk
- 3 cups chopped cooked ham
- 1⁄2 teaspoon seasoning salt
- 2 1⁄4 ounces hollandaise sauce mix
- 4 hard-cooked eggs, chopped
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook frozen spinach according to package directions; drain well. Cook chopped onion in butter or margarine till onion is tender but not brown.
- Combine beaten eggs and milk. Add bread crumbs, ham, cooked onion, spinach, and seasoning salt; mix well. Spread evenly in a 12 by 7 1/2 by 2" baking dish.
- Bake, uncovered, at 350°F till set. 40 to 45 minutes.
- Meanwhile, prepare hollandaise sauce mix according to package directions; stir in chopped hard-cooked eggs.
- To serve, cut casserole into squares; spoon sauce over each serving.