Recipe by Lennie
Last summer I created this variation on the classic Knorr Spinach Dip ... and it was gone in a flash. Try it; it's really yummy. Don't expect any to be left.
- 1 (10 ounce) packagechopped frozen spinach
- 1 cup low-fat sour cream
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon horseradish
- 1 package Knorr vegetable soup mix (no substitutes)
- 1 (8 ounce) can water chestnuts, well drained and chopped
- 4 tablespoons finely chopped red onions
- 2 cups cooked peeled baby shrimp
- 1 loaf pumpernickel bread (round loaf)
Directions See How It's Made
- Thaw the spinach, then squeeze out as much water as possible.
- Combine spinach, sour cream, mayonnaise and horseradish in a mixing bowl; you can also do this in a food processor if you like a more pureed consistency (I often do it by hand, or do it VERY CAREFULLY in the food processor so as not to over-process).
- Stir in the dry soup mix, the chopped water chestnuts and the onion; stir well.
- Refrigerate for at least 2 hours to let flavours meld.
- Before serving, stir shrimp into dip mixture.
- Cut off the top of the loaf of bread and hollow it out, reserving the lid and the inner bread chunks to serve alongside.
- Fill hollowed bread shell with dip and serve with the bread, cut into chunks, along with an assortment of crackers and carrot sticks.
- People are drawn to this; watch it disappear!