Prep 15 mins
Cook 0 mins
- 1 lb fresh spinach, cleaned,leaves removed and stems reserved
- 4 plum tomatoes
- 2 oranges, cut into sections,zested
- 6 mushrooms, sliced thinly
- 1 red onion, sliced thinly
- 1 cup crouton
- 1 tablespoon ketchup
- 1⁄4 cup olive oil
- 2 teaspoons lemon juice
- Section the oranges over a bowl to catch any juice that may run out.
- Gently squeeze the sections with your hand to remove any remaining juices being careful not to crush the sections.
- Reserve the juice and the sections.
- Cut three of the tomatoes on a bias in thin slices and lay around the perimeter of shallow bowl.
- Remove the seeds from the remaining tomato and chop.
- In a food processor, puree the chopped tomato with the orange juice, lemon juice, ketchup and the olive oil.
- Add salt and pepper to taste and reserve the dressing.
- Place the spinach leaves in a large mixing bowl and toss with the dressing from the blender.
- Transfer the dressed spinach to the bowl with the sliced tomatoes.
- Top with sliced onions, mushrooms and the orange sections.
- Sprinkle the salad with croutons and season with salt and pepper.