Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
We enjoyed this salad at Broussard's lovely restaurant in New Orleans. They were kind enough to share the recipe.
- 1 cup mayonnaise
- 3 tablespoons currant jelly (grape jelly in a pinch)
- 4 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon dried tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 1 lb baby spinach leaves
- 1⁄2 cup toasted pecans
- 1⁄2 sliced red onion
- fresh ground black pepper
- 1⁄4 cup crumbled cooked bacon
- 8 ounces sliced mushrooms
- For Dressing: Combine Mayonnaise, jelly, vinegar, tarragon, salt and pepper with a wire wisk or in a blender.
- For salad: Mix remaining ingredients.
- Combine dressing with salad immediately before serving.
Made for Spring PAC 2011 and DD and I really enjoyed it. I did leave out the mushrooms for her and used grape jelly (that's what I had) and it was refreshing. Will make this again when DH gets home and would like to try it with the current jelly.