Recipe by evelyn/athens
This is a salad that is substantial enough to be a meal, and that's how I enjoy it most.
Top Review by Hey Jude
This is an absolutely delicious spinach salad, and so easy to throw together. With our temperature in the 90's right now, this was a perfect meal...it really is hearty enough to be a main course. Thanks Evelyn, we're already planning on when to have this again!
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chilled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; reserve 3 tblsps drippings for dressing.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, oil, vinegar, sugar and mustard with reserved drippings.
- (can be prepared 2 days ahead. Bring to room temperature before continuing.) Combine spinach, mushrooms and eggs in large bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan.