This is a salad that is substantial enough to be a meal, and that's how I enjoy it most.
Make and share this Spinach Salad with Mustard-Bacon Dressing recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chilled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; reserve 3 tblsps drippings for dressing.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, oil, vinegar, sugar and mustard with reserved drippings.
- (can be prepared 2 days ahead. Bring to room temperature before continuing.) Combine spinach, mushrooms and eggs in large bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan.
This is an absolutely delicious spinach salad, and so easy to throw together. With our temperature in the 90's right now, this was a perfect meal...it really is hearty enough to be a main course. Thanks Evelyn, we're already planning on when to have this again!
This is outstanding! Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.
Delicious recipe Evelyn. We really enjoyed this tasty salad. Loved the flavor of the creamy dressing, it was so good. We enjoyed the combination of spinach, mushroom, egg, bacon, cheese and dressing. This made a delicious lunch served with crisp sweet grapes. Thank you so m;uch for sharing. Made for Culinary Quest - 2014 - Suitcase Gourmets.