Prep 20 mins
Cook 0 mins
This is a salad that is substantial enough to be a meal, and that's how I enjoy it most.
- 1⁄2 lb bacon
- 1⁄2 cup mayonnaise
- 1⁄2 small onion, finely grated
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons Dijon mustard
- 1 lb spinach, stemmed and torn into bite-size pieces,rinsed and spun dry
- 12 ounces mushrooms, sliced
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, chilled and sliced
- 1⁄4 cup parmesan cheese, grated
- Cook bacon until crisp.
- Drain on paper towels; reserve 3 tblsps drippings for dressing.
- Crumble bacon.
- Combine mayonnaise, onion, oil, vinegar, sugar and mustard with reserved drippings.
- (can be prepared 2 days ahead. Bring to room temperature before continuing.) Combine spinach, mushrooms and eggs in large bowl.
- Toss with dressing.
- Sprinkle with bacon and Parmesan.
This is an absolutely delicious spinach salad, and so easy to throw together. With our temperature in the 90's right now, this was a perfect meal...it really is hearty enough to be a main course. Thanks Evelyn, we're already planning on when to have this again!
Amazing! This dressing is fantastic! I used Creole mustard because I prefer it to Dijon mustard. I could just drink this dressing, it's so good!! I doubled the recipe and took this salad to a church pot luck dinner and it was a huge hit! Thanks so much for the recipe!
This is outstanding! Made for Culinary Quest 2014/CCQ.