Prep 10 mins
Cook 15 mins
My type of salad! This one is on the sweet side. Recipe is from Down Home with the Neelys.
Make and share this Spinach Salad With Cranberries, Pecans, Bacon, and Blue Cheese recipe from Food.com.
- 1⁄2 lb hickory smoked bacon, slices roughly chopped
- 1⁄2 cup pecans, toasted and roughly chopped
- 2 (6 ounce) containers Baby Spinach
- 1⁄2 small red onion, thinly sliced
- 1 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄2 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄4 cup buttermilk
- 1⁄4 cup sour cream
- 1⁄4 teaspoon sugar
- freshly cracked black pepper
- Preheat oven to 350 degrees F.
- Fry chopped bacon in a medium skillet over medium-high heat until brown and crisp. Using slotted spoon, transfer to a paper towel-lined 1/4-sheet tray to drain.
- Toast pecans in the oven on a 1/4-sheet tray until lightly golden and fragrant, about 6 minutes.
- In a medium bowl mash the blue cheese with a fork. Mix in the buttermilk, sour cream, sugar, salt and pepper, to taste.
- Combine baby spinach, red onion, pecans, dried cranberries and bacon in large bowl. Toss with the dressing immediately before serving.
We loved this. DH is not a huge fan of blue cheese but he really liked it on this salad. Great combination. I used a spring mix that included spinach for this since that was what I had. Other than that made as written. Thanks cookiedog.
My kind of salad, too! The blue cheese dressing is thick, so I added 2 tbs white balsamic vinegar to it, to thin it a bit and give a little acidity.
Delicious salad! I pretty much made it as the recipe suggested (I left out the onions) and added boiled eggs and homemade croutons - YUMS!