Recipe by Sharon123
Simple and delicious. Add some fresh bread on the side, and this becomes a nice, light meal. From the country of Azerbaijan. Recipe adapted from AZ Cookbook.
- 170.09 g bag Baby Spinach, washed and dried (if leaves are too big, chop them coarsely)
- 78.07 ml crumbled feta cheese or 78.07 ml any other white cheese, crumbled
- 78.07 ml coarsely chopped walnuts
- 78.07 ml golden raisin
- 59.14 ml apple, chopped
For the Dressing
- 29.58 ml olive oil
- 1 lemon, juice of
- 14.79 ml balsamic vinegar (optional, but recommended) or 14.79 ml apple cider vinegar (optional, but recommended)
- 4.92-7.39 ml honey (optional)
Directions See How It's Made
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice and vinegar if using. Add honey or any sweetener you like now, if desired.
- Add the spinach, cheese, walnuts and raisins and toss thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (If you are using feta cheese, you don’t have to add salt to the salad since feta cheese is salty enough). Serve right away. Enjoy!