Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Simple and delicious. Add some fresh bread on the side, and this becomes a nice, light meal. From the country of Azerbaijan. Recipe adapted from AZ Cookbook.
- 1 (6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach, washed and dried (if leaves are too big, chop them coarsely)
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled feta cheese or 1⁄3 cup any other white cheese, crumbled
- 1⁄3 cup coarsely chopped walnuts
- 1⁄3 cup golden raisin
- 1⁄4 cup apple, chopped
For the Dressing
- 2 tablespoons olive oil
- 1⁄2 lemon, juice of
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar (optional, but recommended) or 1 tablespoon apple cider vinegar (optional, but recommended)
- 1 -1 1⁄2 teaspoon honey (optional)
- In a large bowl, combine the olive oil with the lemon juice and vinegar if using. Add honey or any sweetener you like now, if desired.
- Add the spinach, cheese, walnuts and raisins and toss thoroughly. Season with salt and pepper to taste. (If you are using feta cheese, you don’t have to add salt to the salad since feta cheese is salty enough). Serve right away. Enjoy!
This was a delicious salad. I loved the baby spinach leaves with the nuts, apple, golden raisins and fetta. A nice combo that my family enjoyed with grilled chicken tenders