Recipe by JedChief
A good fall salad with caramelized pears and caramelized red onion and a delicious cranberry dressing.
- 1 large pear, chopped
- 2 teaspoons butter
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 large red onion, chopped
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 2 teaspoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1 (10 ounce) bag fresh spinach
- 1 cup halved grape tomatoes or 1 cup cherry tomatoes
- 1⁄4 cup walnut pieces
- 1⁄3 cup crumbled blue cheese
- 1⁄2 cup whole berry cranberry sauce
- 1 tablespoon grated ginger
- 1⁄4 cup fresh orange juice
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- 1 teaspoon sugar
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon fresh ground pepper
- 1⁄4 salt
Directions See How It's Made
- Melt butter in saute pan over medium heat; add pear and brown sugar and saute until browned and caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Heat oil in saute pan over medium heat; add red onion, vinegar and sugar and saute until caramelized, about 10 minutes.
- Toast walnut pieces in dry skillet over medium heat until fragant and beginning to darken (Optional).
- Combine spinach, tomatoes, pears, onions, blue cheese and walnuts.
- Combine dressing ingredients and toss with salad (recipe may make more dressing than you need for this salad).