Prep 15 mins
Cook 20 mins
My aunt makes this salad and the dressing. It always makes my mouth water.
- 1 lb spinach leaves
- 3 hard-boiled eggs
- 3 slices bacon (or turkey bacon for healthy eaters)
- fresh ground pepper
- 3 -5 slices red onions
- 1 cup vegetable oil
- 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 6 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 5 tablespoons sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon dry mustard
- grated red onion
- Mix together the vegetable oil, lemon juice, red wine vinegar, sugar, salt, dry mustard, and grated onion.
- Shake, and then refrigerate for at least an hour.
- Cook the bacon on a skillet of Foreman Grill until very crispy, but not burnt.
- Cut up the bacon in to small bits and pieces; set aside.
- Pick off the stems of the spinach salad and wash the spinach well under cold water.
- Boil the eggs for about 10 minutes and then shell and cut into slices.
- Add the bacon bits, the eggs and the pepper to taste to the spinach leaves.
- Drizzle the refrigerated dressing over the spinach and ENJOY!
A wonderful combination. The dressing was yummy. I did cut the oil down to 1/2 cup, but that's all I changed. The salad makes a very pretty presentation. A delicous way to eat your spinach! Thanx!
This was easy to make and tasty. I thought 1 cup sounded like a lot of vegetable oil, so I cut it back to 3/4 cup. It was still quite a bit of sauce and I wish I hadn't put it all on the salad at once. The flavor was good and it was enjoyed by all.
This was delicious but the dressing was a bit too sweet for me. Next time I make it I will leave out most of the sugar. My husband and kids loved this as it was, though. BTW I put the eggs as suggested by another chef into a cold oven and baked them in their shells and did the same with the bacon, for twenty minutes. Both were perfect.