Recipe by ratherbeswimmin'
Loosely adapted from a dish served at Lupos, an old San Francisco restaurant that is no longer in business.
- 3 large eggs
- 2⁄3 cup milk
- 2 tablespoons butter or 2 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1⁄2 cup finely chopped yellow onion
- 2 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley
- 1 teaspoon dried thyme
- 1 dash ground nutmeg
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon Worcestershire sauce
- 3 cups cooked long-grain rice or 3 cups long grain brown rice
- 3 cups grated cheddar cheese
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, thawed and squeezed dry
Directions See How It's Made
- Preheat oven to 350°.
- In a large mixing bowl, using a whisk, beat the eggs.
- Add in milk, butter, onion, parsley, thyme, nutmeg, salt, and Worcestershire sauce; stir to mix well.
- Fold in the rice, 2 cups of cheese, and spinach.
- Transfer mixture to a 4-quart casserole dish that has been coated lightly with cooking spray.
- Bake, uncovered, for 45 minutes or until bubbly.
- Sprinkle with 1 cup cheese and bake, uncovered, 5 minutes or until cheese melts.