1/2 Photos of Spinach Potato and Feta Bake
1 hr 30 mins
This is like a kicked-up potato kugel... make certain to squeeze out any excess moisture in the shredded potatoes before mixing them in with the other ingredients, you can even shred the potatoes a day ahead and leave them sit in cold water in the fridge overnight. You will love this!
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped spinach, defrosted (or 2 pounds fresh cooked, drained and chopped)
- 6 -7 medium potatoes (coarsely shredded and soaked in cold water until ready to use)
- 3 large eggs, slightly beaten
- 1/4 cup melted butter
- seasoning salt or salt
- 1/2-1 teaspoon garlic powder (optional, or use 1-2 teaspoons fresh minced garlic)
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 3 tablespoons chopped fresh parsley (can use 1 teaspoon dried)
- 1 tablespoon fresh finely chopped dill (can use 1/2 teaspoon dried dill)
- 1 cup feta cheese, crumbled (or to taste)
- 1/2 cup grated parmesan cheese (or to taste)
- 3 -4 tablespoons butter
- 1Set oven to 350 degrees.
- 2Butter a shallow 2-quart casserole dish.
- 3Squeeze out as much moisture from the spinach as possible with your hands; set aside.
- 4Drain the potatoes from the cold water and squeeze out any excess water with your hands, and place the potatoes into a large bowl.
- 5To the potatoes add in eggs, 1/4 cup melted butter, salt, pepper, chopped onion, parsley, garlic powder (if using) and dill; mix well to combine.
- 6Transfer HALF of the mixture into the prepared baking dish.
- 7Top/sprinkle with all of the spinach, and then the feta.
- 8Top/spread with remaining potato mixture.
- 9Cover with foil and bake for about 30 minutes.
- 10Uncover and sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and dot with butter, place back in oven covered or uncovered (if you prefer a crispy top on your casserole then leave uncovered).
- 11Bake for another 30 minutes.
Browse Our Top Spinach Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach Potato and Feta Bake
Serving Size: 1 (297 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 6
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 457.1
- Calories from Fat 220
- Total Fat 24.5 g
- Saturated Fat 14.8 g
- Cholesterol 170.9 mg
- Sodium 621.1 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 44.3 g
- Dietary Fiber 7.8 g
- Sugars 4.3 g
- Protein 18.2 g