Prep 20 mins
Cook 25 mins
Courtesy of Dan and Steve of the Food Network
- 1 lb frozen chopped spinach, thawed
- 5 eggs
- 1 large onion, minced
- 10 tablespoons margarine, melted
- 1 cup shredded parmesan cheese
- 2 garlic cloves, minced
- 1⁄2 teaspoon dried thyme leaves
- 1⁄2 teaspoon cayenne
- 1 3⁄4 cups Italian seasoned breadcrumbs
- Preheat the oven to 350 degrees F.
- Squeeze the excess water from the spinach and put it in a large mixing bowl. Add the remaining ingredients and mix well by hand.* Form the mixture into 1-inch balls, either by hand or with a small ice cream scoop. Place the balls closely together on a baking sheet.
- Cook in the top half of the oven until firm to the touch, about 20 to 25 minutes. Let cool 5 minutes, and then transfer to a platter and serve immediately.
Surprisingly good! I cut the recipe in half and used 2 eggs and substituted mozzarella cheese for the parmesan because I was out. I can't wait to make this again using parmesan cheese - this time I will make the whole recipe!
Just made these and they are wonderful! Thanks for posting!!