Parmesan Broccoli Balls
photo by Claire de Luna
- Ready In:
72 1inch balls
- 2 (10 ounce) packages frozen chopped broccoli
- 2 cups herb stuffing mix
- 1 cup grated parmesan cheese
- 6 eggs, beaten
- 3⁄4 cup butter, softened
- salt and pepper
- 1 cup parmesan cheese, for rolling in
- Cook frozen broccoli according to package directions; drain well.
- Combine all ingredients, mixing well.
- Pour mixture into a sheet pan and spread evenly; Refrigerate.
- When firm, roll mixture into small (1 inch) balls.
- Roll balls in Parmesan cheese.
- To serve: Put frozen broccoli balls in a preheated 350 degree F. oven and bake for 35-40 minutes, or until golden brown.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Instead of making these in small 1 inch balls, I made them twice as big and froze them. I didn't have any of the problems others had in rolling them after chilling the mixture for an hour or so because I added a perhaps a half cup more stuffing. Last night, I took 8 of them out of the freezer, defrosted them in the microwave and then baked them for about 25 minutes at 375. They were delicious as is and I think the next time I serve them, I'll try adding some type of sauce to dip them in.
Thanks for a new EASY and Tasty vegetable based hot appetizer. I couldn't believe how fast and easy these were. The the browned parmesan cheese gives give them wonderful flavor. The next time I make them I think I will let the mixture rest for an hour or two before rolling them to let the moisture blend evenly into the stuffing mix. Bravo! With broccoli being so popular these days, I believe I will wear this one out!
see 6 more reviews
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
The new kitchen is finally functional, and I'm cruising Recipezaar daily to see what I make! This site is one of the best for finding great recipes in a flash. I've been saving recipes to My Cookbook for quite a while and am looking forward to trying some new things while I get used to my appliances. I hope to be posting new reviews soon.