Spicy Hot Sausage Balls
- Ready In:
- 1 cup shredded sharp cheddar cheese
- 1 package hot pork sausage
- 3 cups Bisquick
- Preheat oven to 350 F.
- Mix together all the ingredients in a large bowl and knead well, until a dough forms and all the ingredients are combined.
- Roll dough into 1 or 2 inch balls and place on a baking sheet with a rim.
- Bake for 12-15 or until there is no pink in the sausage.
- You can serve it with any sauce you like, but ketchup and mustard are great with them, too.
Questions & Replies
Got a question? Share it with the community!
Another "keeper" that's been in my recipe stash for 20 years. Honey mustard and barbeque sauce are two more sauces that compliment this recipe. I like to make these hors d'oevours into one inch balls, since they puff up a bit when they bake. Whatever the occasion, these always disappear quickly when they are served. Heed Zanna's words and use a good quality sausage. Thanks for sharing the recipe, Zanna.
RECIPE SUBMITTED BY
I have taught myself how to cook since college and my advice about cooking is to keep practicing, try all sorts of cookbooks and different recipes, and don't be afraid to fail--you'll always learn something from it (of course, I'm a teacher so it makes sense that I believe that). I moved to Dallas 3 years ago and I love the ready availability of genuine Mexican food in the area. It's the one kind of cuisine I've never tried to make myself because the restaurants in my area are so good. I love movies, music from the 70's and 80's, animals, and beautiful weather.