Prep 45 mins
Cook 0 mins
My daughter gave me this recipe. It's easy to make and perfect for a brunch or luncheon.
- 2 cups nonfat milk or 2 cups milk
- 2 eggs
- 1 pinch salt
- 1 cup flour
- 1 pinch nutmeg (optional)
- 1 lb fresh spinach leaves, diced. (I include the stems, finely minced.)
- enough oil or butter, to lightly grease a griddle or iron skillet for frying the pancake
- 1⁄2 cup butter
- 1⁄2 cup chives (optional) or 1⁄2 cup minced parsley (optional) or 1⁄2 cup tomatoes, bits for topping. (optional)
- 3 cups swiss cheese, shredded
- 3 cups mozzarella cheese, shredded
- 3 cups cream cheese, sprinkled with
- ground nutmeg
- 2 cups sour cream, and
- 1 cup tomatoes, bits mixed
- Cook the spinach, drain, cover and set aside.
- In a large mixting bowl, whip milk, eggs and salt together.
- Add flour and nutmeg and blend well.
- Cover and let this mixture stand 1/2 hour or more in refrigerator.
- Add cooled and drained spinach to the batter, mix well.
- Fry the cakes on a hot griddle or in an iron skillet, and it's better to fry one cake at a time in order to ensure even cooking.
- Check for doneness by lifting a corner of the pancake with a spatula, and if it's browned it's ready to flip and fry the other side.
- Place each pancake as it's cooked on a plate, cover, and keep warm.
- When ready to serve, fill the pancakes with one or more of the filling mixtures, roll and place on individual plates or in a serving dish.
- Drizzle melted butter over each pancake.
- Sprinkle the pancakes with chives or minced parsley or tomato bits.
- Note: the recipe makes 10 large pancakes or 20 small ones.