- 7 ounces spinach, washed & roughly chopped
- 1 lemon, zested and juiced
- 2 garlic cloves, crushed
- 2 ounces butter
- 9 ounces basmati rice
- 5 1⁄2 ounces chestnut mushrooms, sliced
- 2 onions, finely sliced
- 1 7⁄8 cups vegetable stock
- 1 cinnamon stick
- 4 whole cloves
- 4 cardamom pods, lightly crushed
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the onion and garlic in the butter in a large shallow pan until soft and golden.
- Add the mushrooms and cook until softened. Add the spices and cook for 2 minutes, then stir in the rice, lemon zest and stock. Cover.
- Cook on a gentle heat for about 15 minutes until the liquid has been absorbed.
- Stir through the spinach and lemon juice, cover for 2 minutes until wilted and serve.