Prep 10 mins
Cook 1 min
With dried cranberries topped with pine nuts in a citrus vinaigrette!
- 1⁄4 cup orange juice
- 2 tablespoons lime juice or 2 tablespoons lemon juice
- 1 1⁄2 tablespoons honey or 1 1⁄2 tablespoons sugar
- 1⁄2 cup olive oil
- 1⁄2 teaspoon chopped fresh tarragon
- salt and pepper
- 12 ounces pre-washed Baby Spinach
- 6 ounces sliced white mushrooms
- 6 ounces mandarin oranges, drained
- 1⁄2 cup thinly sliced red onion
- 1⁄4 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄4 cup pine nuts, toasted
- Combine orange juice, lemon juice and honey, in a medium bowl. Slowly whisk in olive oil until combine; season with tarragon, salt and pepper to taste.
- Combine spinach, mushrooms, mandarin orange segments and onions in a large bowl. Toss salad with enough dressing to coat lightly. Garnishes with cranberries and pine nuts.
Made this for the Herb & Spice of the Month -- Tarragon. Heaven! I cut the recipe in half and used a little less olive oil but followed the rest of the recipe. Loved the toasted pine nuts in the salad! Served with Tarragon Lime Chicken Breast#362347. Thank you for another GREAT recipe!
Very tasty! I cut this to two servings. I think I would cut back on the oil in the dressing and increase the acid, but maybe if I'd remembered to get the mandarin oranges that would make up the difference (I had to skip them since I forgot to buy them). Otherwise, I thought this was a very nice blend of flavors! I used portobello instead of white mushroom. Thanks for sharing!
yummm! I ended up making substituting plums for oranges...and fennel seeds for tarragon. I admit I wasn't sure how this salad would taste but was pleasantly surprised. Left me feeling good :)