Cucumber, Tomato and Red Onion Salad
Great fresh salad that uses early summer vegetables. Very colorful too! Cooking time is the time for soaking the onions.
- Ready In:
- 1 red onion, cut in 1/4 inch wedges
- 4 cucumbers, peeled and sliced in 1/2 inch rounds
- 3 roma tomatoes, cored and cut in 1/2 inch wedges
- 1⁄2 teaspoon kosher salt
- 1⁄2 teaspoon black pepper
- 3⁄4 cup cider vinegar
- 6 tablespoons sugar
- 2 tablespoons canola oil
- 1 tablespoon parsley, chopped
- Soak the red onion wedges in salted ice water for 30 minutes and then drain well.
- Put the onion, cucumbers, and tomatoes in a large bowl and season with salt and pepper.
- Mix together the vinegar, sugar, and canola oil in a small bowl until the sugar is dissolved. Add to the vegetables and toss well. Refrigerate.
- To serve, add the chopped parsley and toss.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION
see 23 more