Prep 8 mins
Cook 1 hr 30 mins
What a great side dish.
- 2 (8 1/2 ounce) boxes cornbread mix (any brand)
- 3 eggs
- 1⁄2 cup cream
- 1 (10 ounce) box frozen chopped spinach, thawed and drained
- 1 cup crumbled gorgonzola
- 1 teaspoon ground black pepper
- paprika (optional)
- Coat Crock pot slow cooker with nonstick cooking spray.
- Mix all ingredients in medium bowl. Pour batter into crock pot slow cooker.
- Cover; cook on High 1 1/2 hours. Sprinkle to with paprika for more colorful crust, if desired.
- Let bread cool completely before inverting onto serving platter.
- ***** Note ******.
- Cook only on High setting for proper crust and texture.
Just made this last night, and it was delicious! I used plain old bleu cheese because I didn't have gorgonzola on hand. I made half the recipe in my 1.5 qt. crockpot and cooked on high 1 hr. It turned out beautifully! Great accompaniment to soup/stew.
I found this recipe originally in the recipe book that came with my crockpot. I am so glad to find it here! It was a hit with my family, and very easy to make!
don't want to rate it, but i would give it zero stars...i had found this one in my crock pot cookbook too...thought it sounded great! (love spinach, love gorgonzola, right?) gross...like eating an old shoe... don't be fooled by the pretty picture and yummy ingredients, they just don't belong together!... on a side note, if you like eating old shoe, it's pretty good looking and did cook up great in the crock pot, i just wouldn't eat it!