Prep 15 mins
Cook 35 mins
This is a beautiful frittata. We eat it for breakfast, lunch or dinner. With fresh fruit or salad depending on the meal. Enjoy
- 1 package frozen spinach, squeeze out water
- 236.59 ml onion, chopped
- 118.29 ml fresh mushrooms, sliced (optional)
- 118.29 ml ham, chopped (optional)
- 177.44 ml feta cheese, crumbled
- 118.29 ml mozzarella cheese
- 6-7 eggs, beaten
- 14.79 ml olive oil
- salt and pepper, to taste
- Preheat oven to 350F degrees.
- Cook onion in olive oil until opaque in a medium skillet.
- Add mushrooms and cook for about 1 minute.
- Add the spinach and cook until warmed through.
- Grease a 9" casserole dish with cooking spray.
- Put the vegie mixture in the bottom of the casserole dish.
- Add crumbled feta to the eggs and pour over.
- Top with mozzarella cheese.
- Bake at 350F for approx 30 minutes, or until the eggs are solid.
- Cool for about 5 minutes then cut into serving size squares.
This was JUST the type recipe that I was looking for, for brunch. My friend did NOT have a cast-iron skillet, which is what I normally make frittatas in, so being able to make the entire thing in a Pyrex pie pan was crucial. We didn't want to add the meat so we made this following the recipe except the ham. It turned out so good and so flavourful that there were no leftovers! I'm so glad that you posted this basic and easy recipe. Thanks!
This was my first attempt at a frittata. I thought it would be difficult, but it was so easy. I did have to make a couple of changes because I had to use what I had on hand. I used Pepper Jack cheese instead of Feta and instead of 1 cup chopped onion, I used about 1/2 cup chopped fresh green onions. I would recommend this to anyone. What a great dish for those cold winter nights!!!!
I used an entire box of frozen spinach, opted for mushrooms and passed on the ham. Served it with fresh fruit and toast. Everyone was pleased. Update: used 1 cup smoked ham, 3/4 cup mushrooms, 1 cup feta, 3/4 cup moz, 9 eggs and whole box frozen spinach. Wonderful again!