Prep 20 mins
Cook 15 mins
I received this recipe from our Pastor's wife who had made them for a dinner party. From the first time I tried one, I fell in love! This is one of my favorite appetizers to serve around the holidays (or anytime!) :)
- 12 large mushrooms
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1⁄2 cup onion, chopped
- 2 tablespoons walnuts, chopped
- 3 garlic cloves, minced
- 5 ounces spinach, chopped (thawed and drained)
- 1 ounce feta cheese, crumbled
- 1 ounce gruyere cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons dill weed
- salt & pepper, to taste
- Clean and remove the stems from the mushrooms.
- Saute butter, oil, and onion in a pan until translucent.
- Add nuts and garlic; cook one minute.
- Add spinach and cook for five minutes.
- Cool slightly; add cheeses, dill weed, and salt & pepper.
- Mix together well.
- Stuff mushroom caps with spinach mixture.
- Bake in 400 oven for 8 to 10 minutes.
I rated this 3 stars because I thought they were just ok. The stuffing part of it is not as flavorful as I would have liked. I would suggest more garlic and less spinach in the filling.