Prep 20 mins
Cook 20 mins
This is a sneaky way to get kids to eat their veggies!! I try to lighten this up by using fat free cheese.
- 1 (13 7/8 ounce) package pizza dough, refrigerated
- 1 (8 ounce) package provolone cheese, sliced
- 1 tablespoon olive oil
- 1 small onion, chopped
- 1 garlic clove, finely chopped
- 1⁄2 cup white mushroom, sliced
- 1 (5 -6 ounce) bag Baby Spinach
- 1 (2 1/4 ounce) can black olives, drained and sliced
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 400°F
- Line large cookie with nonstick aluminum foil.
- Remove pizza dough from tube; unroll dough on center of cookie sheet.
- With fingertips, press dough into 13 x 9-inch rectangle.
- Cut dough vertically in half to make 2 smaller rectangles.
- Place provolone slices all over dough, overlapping slightly and leaving 1/2-inch border around edges of dough.
- In nonstick 12-inch skillet, heat oil over medium-high heat until hot; add onion and cook 3 to 4 minutes or until tender, stirring occasionally.
- Add garlic and mushrooms and cook 2 to 3 minutes, stirring frequently.
- Add spinach and cook until spinach wilts and liquid evaporates, stirring constantly.
- Stir in olives, tomato paste, salt and pepper.
- With slotted spoon, spread spinach mixture over half of provolone slices on each rectangle, leaving a 1/2-inch border around edges of dough.
- Fold other half of dough over filling; pinch edges together to seal.
- Cut 2 slits in top of each calzone to allow steam to escape during baking. Bake 20 to 25 minutes or until golden.
- Let calzones stand 5 minutes.
- With serrated knife, cut each calzone into 4 slices to serve.