1/2 Photos of Spinach, Apple and Pecan Salad
Spinach, apples, red onion & pecans in a sweet-tart dressing. To make this salad extra special, I like to glaze the pecans by stirring them with 1 tablespoon sugar in a medium non-stick frying pan over medium heat, stirring constantly until sugar melts. Pour them out on waxed paper and separate with your spoon while still warm. If you do this, you don't need to toast the pecans. It takes about 5 minutes or so for the sugar to melt.
My Private Note
Units: US | Metric
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 1/2 tablespoons cider vinegar
- 1 tablespoon prepared mustard (I prefer Dijon)
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 1/2 teaspoon salt
- 1/4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 1 golden delicious apple, halved, cored, thinly sliced
- 1/4 cup red onion, cut in thin strips
- 3/4 lb fresh spinach, washed, stems removed, leaves torn
- 1/2 cup toasted pecans
- 1In serving bowl, whisk oil, vinegar, mustard, sugar, salt and pepper until thick.
- 2Add apple and onion.
- 3Toss until apples and onions are covered with dressing.
- 4Place spinach on top, then pecans.
- 5Just before serving, toss.
Browse Our Top Apple Recipes
Nutritional Facts for Spinach, Apple and Pecan Salad
Serving Size: 1 (177 g)
Servings Per Recipe: 4
- Amount Per Serving
- % Daily Value
- Calories 247.1
- Calories from Fat 184
- Total Fat 20.5 g
- Saturated Fat 2.3 g
- Cholesterol 0.0 mg
- Sodium 401.9 mg
- Total Carbohydrate 15.6 g
- Dietary Fiber 4.6 g
- Sugars 9.2 g
- Protein 4.0 g