Spapple Salad (Spinach & Apple)
MAKE IT SHINE! ADD YOUR PHOTO
Diet or no, your choice. This salad is truly yummy. Good nutrition, light and fresh tasting. With the addition of nuts, cheese cubes, etc, it could easily become a main course in the summer time.
- Ready In:
- 1 cup water
- 1⁄2 cup sugar (for diet use 1/4 cup zylitol and 1/4 cup Splenda)
- 5 -6 tablespoons fresh lemon juice
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon butter
- 1 egg
- 1⁄8 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄2 cup craisins
- 8 cups fresh spinach
- 2 large apples (Pacific Gold is good choice)
- For Dressing, mix first 7 ingredients together in saucepan. Add Craisins and cook over medium heat, stirring constantly until mixture is thickened. Cool.
- Wash spinach and pat dry. Remove any stems.
- Peel, core apples and cut into chunks.
- Mix spinach and apples, then toss the salad with the dressing and serve.
MY PRIVATE NOTES
Add a Note
JOIN THE CONVERSATION