Recipe by cookingpompom
As a mum of four children and sporting activities 4 nights a week I need fast meals - this is one of our favourites. Cooking the pasta is the longest element to this dish, prepare your sauce while the pasta is cooking. A tin of tomatoes can be substituted for fresh tomatoes (great when they aren't in season).
- 625 g ricotta and spinach tortellini
- 2 teaspoons olive oil
- 1 medium red Spanish onion, sliced thin
- 1 garlic clove, crushed
- 3 large tomatoes, chopped
- 1⁄2 cup sun-dried tomato
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar or 1 tablespoon red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon caster sugar
- 1⁄2 cup black olives, sliced
- 2 teaspoons mixed Italian herbs
- 1⁄2 cup parmesan cheese
Directions See How It's Made
- Cook the pasta as per the instructions.
- While pasta is cooking prepare your sauce - heat the oil and cook the onion and garlic until onion is tender.
- Add the tomatoes (both fresh and sun dried).
- Stir in the vinegar, sugar, olives, herbs and cheese.
- Pour the strained pasta in the sauce and serve.