Recipe by DailyInspiration
An elegant salad with a delicious maple syrup vinaigrette. The recipe says that each bite will be deliciously different, depending on what your fork picks up. Recipe is from Gourmet Today.
Top Review by Dr. Jenny
This salad is delicious and presents beautifully. The photo I hurriedly took of my serving does not do it justice. I served to company and everyone really enjoyed it, including DH, who commented multiple times that he thought it was really good. I omitted the pecans for personal preference. Thanks for a keeper! Made for ZWT9.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Belgian endive, thinly sliced on a long diagonal
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (about 3 1/2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled