An elegant salad with a delicious maple syrup vinaigrette. The recipe says that each bite will be deliciously different, depending on what your fork picks up. Recipe is from Gourmet Today.
- 1⁄4 cup extra-virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons shallots, finely chopped
- 2 tablespoons white wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon pure maple syrup
- 1⁄2 teaspoon salt
- 1⁄4 teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 2 Belgian endive, thinly sliced on a long diagonal
- 10 ounces baby spinach leaves
- 1 cup pecans, chopped and toasted (about 3 1/2 oz.)
- 1⁄2 cup dried cranberries
- 1⁄3 cup danish blue cheese, crumbled
- Whisk together oil, shallot, vinegar, syrup, salt and pepper in a large bowl until salt is dissolved. Add endives and spinach and toss to combine.
- Sprinkle salad with pecans, cranberries, and blue cheese.