Prep 15 mins
Cook 40 mins
An easy and delicious quiche. This comes courtesy of Paula Deen & her show on Televion Food Network, 2003.
- 6 large eggs, beaten
- 1 1⁄2 cups heavy cream
- salt, to taste
- freshly ground fresh coarse ground black pepper, to taste
- 2 cups fresh Baby Spinach, chopped & packed
- 1 lb bacon, cooked & crumbled
- 1 1⁄2 cups shredded swiss cheese
- 1 (9 inch) refrigerated pie crusts, fitted to a 9-inch glass pie plate
- Preheat the oven to 375°F.
- Combine the eggs, cream, salt and pepper in food processor or blender.
- Layer the spinach, bacon and cheese in the bottom of the pie crust.
- The pour egg mixture on top.
- Bake for 35-40 minutes until the egg mixture is set.
- Cut into 8 wedges and serve.
This is very good. according to the reviews on the original site for this recipe it makes enough for 2 pies. I used 2 % milk instead of heavy cream as I don't like heavy rich food. And instead of Swiss I used Monterrey jack cheese. I purchased some honey baked ham and sauteed that and used that in place of the bacon. I don't like Swiss cheese. I used Grandma Lyna's Best Pie Crust Grandma Lyna's Best Pie Crust I have never had a pie crust that was as tender. For this pie crust I omitted sugar and added 1/2 tsp onion powder and 1/2 tsp garlic powder. Yum -- - - -
Very tasty. Don't know why, but the cooking time & temp shown didn't work great ...the top was really browned, but the inside was still liquid. I popped it in the microwave for a few minutes and it was perfect. Next time I'd cook longer on lower temp I think...maybe my oven..?? Really yummy though...even DH went back for seconds (after the before dinner comment.."We're having eggs for dinner? Quiche, really?" Thanks for posting.. !
Excellent. I sub low fat ingredients w/ much success :O) Thanks!