Hash Browns Quiche - Paula Deen
- Ready In:
- 3 cups shredded frozen hash browns, thawed and drained
- 4 tablespoons butter, melted
- 3 large eggs, beaten
- 1 cup half-and-half
- 3⁄4 cup diced cooked ham
- 1⁄2 cup diced green onion
- 1 cup shredded cheddar cheese
- salt & freshly ground black pepper
- Preheat oven to 450 degrees F.
- Gently press the drained hash browns between paper towels to dry them as best as possible. In a 9-inch pie plate, toss the hash browns with the melted butter into the plate. Press them into the bottom and up the sides to form a crust. Bake for 20 to 25 minutes until golden brown and starting to crisp.
- Meanwhile, in a large mixing bowl, combine the remaining ingredients. When the hash brown crust is ready pour the egg mixture over it and return to the oven.
- Lower the oven temperature to 350 degrees F and bake for about 30 minutes until the quiche is light golden brown on top and puffed.
Join The Conversation
DD and I saw this a few weeks ago on Paula Deen. She really wanted to try it. I used 4 cups of hash browns, 4 eggs, 1 cup ham, 1 1/4 cup half and half and 3/4 cup green onions because I was using a deep dish pie plate. My hash browns only browned around the top edge and not on the bottom. I probably should have cooked it a little longer and I did have to after I added the egg mixture by 5 miniutes or so. We loved it even if DD did pick out the onions. I had some left over and put it in the freezer. I let it thaw in the fridge. DD, who doesn't like leftovers, ate it up. She said it wasn't as great as fresh but that didn't stop her. So if she likes it has to be good. We will be having this again and I'm sure I'll be adding broccoli and other things to have a variety. I'm glad you posted the recipe. It really is good.