Prep 15 mins
Cook 1 hr 15 mins
Excellant sauce with a kick. I love this sauce with spaghetti squash and ground turkey meatballs.
- 3 tablespoons olive oil
- 1 medium onion, finely chopped
- 6 garlic cloves, minced
- 1 1⁄2 teaspoons oregano
- 2 teaspoons basil (I always use extra basil)
- 1 teaspoon marjoram
- 1 teaspoon crushed red pepper flakes ((or more)
- 1 teaspoon sage
- 2 (28 ounce) cans diced tomatoes
- 1 cup tomato puree
- 1⁄2 cup dry red wine
- Heat oil in a heavy sauce pan over medium heat. Add onion and cook until translucent. Then add remaining ingredients and simmer until thickened. About one hour and 15 minutes. Season with salt and pepper to taste.