Prep 10 mins
Cook 0 mins
Good for chicken, steak, or shrimp. Shrimp should not be marinaded for more than 1 hour. From Food and Wine with adaptations.
- 1⁄4 cup sweet basil or 1⁄4 cup Thai basil
- 1⁄4 cup cilantro leaf
- 8 peeled garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoons sambal oelek or 2 tablespoons sriracha Asian chili sauce
- 2 tablespoons asian fish sauce
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lemon zest
- 1 teaspoon finely grated lime zest
- 1⁄2 cup vegetable oil
- In a small food processor pulse the basil, cilantro, garlic, sambal oelek and fish sauce until finely chopped. Add the lemon and lime zests and oil; pulse until the marinade is fairly smooth. Refrigerate for up to 3 days.